 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2702
Re: Remix Disco: Doomed Disco
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2006 18:36:00 GMT

Hi Andreas,

Firstly, thanks for making a version.

If this is the "doomed" version of the picture I'd love to see the long-lived
version. It is really excellent and captures the look of a nightclub very well.
I particularly like the lighting and the thickness of the smoke.

I suspect that the Chrome isn't working for the very reason the whole picture
looks so good: the media. I've found that to make chrome look best it has to be
surrounded by lots of things to reflect (I always use a sky_sphere for models
with chrome for that reason). Because your media is reducing the transfer of
light the chrome has nothing to reflect. I could be completely wrong but try the
settings without the media and see if the chrome works out better.

Anyway, I like this very much.

Thanks,

Tim