 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2557
  Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

Hi all, Would anyone be interested in a raytracing remix challenge? My idea is to provide a relatively simple MPD file and see what all us raytracers and renderers can do with it. Furthermore, I'd like it if the techniques used were described in (...) (18 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) I would like to participate in this challenge, but since I have relatively little experience in this area, my rendering would probably look the same as a hundred others. If the intention is for more experienced renderers to show off what they (...) (18 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) My main intention is to get people to push their own limits and help others in the meantime. I would try to make it quite open so that people can try out postproduction, layout and other tricks as well as rendering. Tim (18 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) Count me in. Jeroen (18 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

I once had this idea and mentioned it here, but no response. (URL) (18 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) I've never seen that post before. Great minds think alike ;) Does it mean I can count you in? Tim (18 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) Yes please, with cherry on top! (URL) (18 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) My draft rules certainly accomodate that. Tim (18 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) Good idea. I'd join in, as long as the model's not a goddamn train. a (18 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) I'll make sure it's not a spaceyship either Al. Tim (18 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) I would love to participate. (18 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

Sounds interesting, Tim... I'll give it a go. When are you planning to release the MPD file? Adrian (18 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) Hmm... interesting. Count me in! :) -Matthew J (18 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

Hejo, sounds very good to me. I have some ideas: - I'd like this to have little or no threshold for people to join in. - A competition would be fun, but that results in the need to have a jury, a deadline, rules and so forth. - I think that everyone (...) (18 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

Hi again, I will announce the rules and MPD sometime this afternoon or evening (GMT). Tim (18 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)