 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2524
  How do I specify colors not part of MLCAD?

When creating some models in MLCAD I come across some colors that are not part of the default palette in MLCAD. How do I find out what color number to specify? For example I have some chrome parts I want to create in MLCAD and I see not color for (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I specify colors not part of MLCAD?

OK, I think I found a partial answer to my question. It looks like I can cross reference LEGO part colors to LDRAW color numbers here: (URL) opens another question for me though. Is there a way I can change MLCADS color list so that it will have all (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I specify colors not part of MLCAD?

(...) If the color has an LDraw color number, you can just type the number into the Color number field in the MLCad "Select color" dialog. Many colors won't have numbers, but chrome silver and gold both do. Take a look at this color list, which (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: How do I specify colors not part of MLCAD?

Thank you for the info Travis. Is there a configuration file or a way I can enter all these color values into MLCAD so each time I use it the appropriate color names and color numbers are already in the MLCAD color picker? - John [SNIP] (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I specify colors not part of MLCAD?

(...) You'll find that many of the colors on that list are already recognized by MLCad. For instance, if you type 383 in as a color number, and then hit Tab, it shows Chrome as the color name. Of course, this isn't all that helpful, since you had to (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I specify colors not part of MLCAD?

(...) If you click the "More" button next to the 16 standard colour buttons, you get a dialog that displays all MLCad's colours. The colour box can be scrolled to reveal them. Hovering your mouse over a colour swatch pops up the colour name, (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)