 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2470 (-5)
  Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation

Ok. So this is exactly the reason I didn't want anyone to invent a new animation scripting language for Legos! It is something new and is in danger of: being a sucky 1.0 release (or worse, never reaching 1.0), and not getting widespread use and so (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation

Hi James, whew - this is getting to be a big mail, but I will try and answer in situ... (...) I suppose I consider it part of the concept, so then I, or others can build what I built, although given the original LDraw file, some may be able to work (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation

Ok, this post took me a long time to get through... (...) Ah. I've never cared for instructions... I didn't take that into account when I wrote the article... (...) I was only familiar with POV-Ray (well, I'm starting to be familiar with others now (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Are my radiosity settings up to date?

hi folks, disapointed by the overall rendering performance of our radiosity settings (the longest engaged 3 weeks to calculate) I stopped the developement of better tweakings a long time ago. now I have to do a huge rendering for a show (7000x5000) (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation

(...) I did mean paths as in lines and curves, as I hope became apparent later on. (...) would apply to this technique, is that it may make building steps a little unnatural. Though you might be able to get it to look good in LPub... (...) Yes - a (...) (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact