 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2354

Subject:
Missing include files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:42:51 GMT

Hi,

Being new to all this, this may be a silly question but -

When running Pov-Ray, I keep getting the following message -

"Parse Error: Cannot open include file lg_color_n06.inc"

I've looked for this include file and can't find it anywhere.

Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Matt.

Re: Missing include files
Being new to all this, this may be a silly question but -

When running Pov-Ray, I keep getting the following message -

"Parse Error: Cannot open include file lg_color_n06.inc"

I've looked for this include file and can't find it anywhere.

Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Matt.

It sounds like you are using my lugnetcolors.inc file.  If so, have you
downloaded the Lugnet Color Guide definition files? If not here's the link:
http://guide.lugnet.com/color/povray-20021003/lg_colors.tar.gz

Once you have downloaded and unzipped the above file you have to modify so
POV-Ray settings:

- Run POV-Ray
- Under the Tools menu choose "Edit master POVRAY.INI.  A text file should
open in Notepad
- Scroll to the bottom of this text file.  You should see a few lines that
begin with Library_Path=
- At the end of this list add Library_Path="<path>" where <path> is the path
to the folder containing the files you unzipped from the above file with no
trailing backslash (e.g. On my machine it
would be Library_Path="C:\Lego\Models\POV\libraries\lg_colors")
- Save and close Notepad
- Attempt to render the file and let us me know what happens

-Orion

Re: Missing include files
In lugnet.cad.ray, Orion Pobursky wrote:
[...]

Thanks Orion, but I'm unable to open the lg_colors tar file. I've tried to open
it on a couple of machines with winzip but it reports an 'invalid header'. Is
there a standard .zip version of this I can use?
Thanks,
Matt.

Re: Missing include files
[...]

Unfortunatly tgz is the only file available.  7Zip can handle this files and
it's free:
http://www.7-zip.org/

-Orion

Re: Missing include files
Thanks Orion, but I'm unable to open the lg_colors tar file. I've tried to open
it on a couple of machines with winzip but it reports an 'invalid header'. Is
there a standard .zip version of this I can use?

I just downloaded it and opened it fine with Winzip, maybe you had a download
problem, you should try downloading again.

ROSCO

Re: Missing include files
Thanks Orion, but I'm unable to open the lg_colors tar file. I've tried to open
it on a couple of machines with winzip but it reports an 'invalid header'. Is
there a standard .zip version of this I can use?

I just downloaded it and opened it fine with Winzip, maybe you had a download
problem, you should try downloading again.

ROSCO

I've been able to open with 7-zip. Our version of Winzip obviously has issues
with it.

I've also had success with Rendering with the correct colours.

Thanks for your help Orion and Rosco!