 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2181
2180  |  2182
Subject:
Custom colours and POVRay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:05:42 GMT

I have made a model using custom colour Medium Blue, I have given the colour the
number 95 and the RGB value r110 g153 b201. I found both these figures from one
of the colour chart on the net but I can't remember which one.
The model gives an error when opening in MLCad but displays correctly (it gives
the error when it gets to the custom colour line). This problem has been noted
elsewhere on Lugnet and Michael has acknowledged it. The colour is also now
permanantly in my installation of MLCad
However when I use L3P and (with L3Pao) to create a .pov file it gives an error
due to the custom colour and POVRay renders the blue in grey.
Again this problem has been noted in these two threads
(http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=17312&t=i&v=a
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=9254&t=i&v=a), however I don't understand the
solution/workaround.
Please could some explain what I need to do to the .pov file to get it working
(I believe I am correct in thinking its in the .pov file the change needs to be
made)

Many thanks
Tim