 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2103
2102  |  2104
Subject:
PoV-Ray ignoring 'translate'?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 15:43:30 GMT

I’m sure you’re all getting sick of me by now. Bear with me...this animation should look pretty cool when it’s done.

While we were watching the superbowl this year, one of my relations commented on the little animation used to introduce the players (the players appeared through some CG static and then walked closer to the camera). She suggested that I try doing this with PoV-Ray. So I am. I created a basic minifig and placed it a ways from the camera. I decided to do it a little differently from the SuperBowl version and have the minifig spin out of the static into the camera view. I’ve managed to get the minifig spinning properly but I can’t seem to get the translate command to work. I wanted to have the minifig spinning and getting closer to the camera ever frame. However, for some reason that I cann’t decipher it refuses to budge from < 0,0,-500 > (where I placed it originally).

http://www.roboticsresources.com/guard.pov

I have the translate command set on the camera in that file, but that was just to see if the placement of the command was the problem. I’ll need to put it back on the minifig eventually.

If anyone can tell me what I’m doing wrong, I would really, really appreciate it. :)

-Mike