 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2052
    Re: LPub/LSynth/Mega-POV Question —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Synthesised wire and tubing, if I recall correctly, is achieved by placing a large number of "primitive" elements along the spline that defines the centerline of the desired shape, aligned so they are tangential to the spline at that point, (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: LPub/LSynth/Mega-POV Question —David Perdue
     (...) Yes, the gaps are where the wires bend more. I figured that the bending was responsible for the gaps. (...) Hmmmm...going through all the gaps and trying to fix them probably won't work. I am fully synthesizing my models, so there is ALOT of (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

         Re: LPub/LSynth/Mega-POV Question —Kevin L. Clague
     In lugnet.cad.ray, David Perdue wrote: David, This problem is tops of the list of things to fix. Kevin (21 years ago, 7-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: LPub/LSynth/Mega-POV Question —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) Larry is right. The cross sections are not overlapping as they are supposed to. This can happen if the wire is bent too hard, or the constraints are too far apart. LPub uses a large fixed size array when synthesizing between any two (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)