 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1918
1917  |  1919
Subject:
Version 2.2 of the LDraw radiosity files available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 21:28:05 GMT

Hi all,

Good news: I have updated the radiosity files (again) and this time included
POV-Rays own rad_def.inc file. This give you 10 different radiosity settings.
There is a very fast but o so ugly debug setting and a final setting which is
good but also fast. Yes, you are reading it right, FAST. I have done some
test-renders (not with ldraw files but the idea is the same) and you can see the
result here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=52277

I haven't written a full install and how to use manual, but it isn't that hard;
if you managed the last time, you'll manage now.

I also advise you to try and use Todd's colours as much as you can (they don't
work with LGEO (yet)) cos that lib is complete and for 99% correct. (thanks to
Orion for writing the wrapper-file)

If you want to see the differences in colour-libs, go and see
http://www.digitalbricks.nl/kleuren.htm

Happy rendering, Jeroen