 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1868
Re: BFC in MLCad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 04:42:40 GMT

Hi Jaco,

"Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:HHEyG3.LoB@lugnet.com...
Hi all,

Since I am translating (and re-writing) the helpfiles of MLCad in Dutch, I
would like some more explaination on BFC.

Hmm there is a specification about this feature somewhere on ldraw.org or on
this server. Maybe Tim Courtney has the link somewhere
or if you wish I can send you the one I've had during implementing.

What does the option Use BFC Statements do in MLCad?

Settings > General > Change...
Tab Rendering and only available when Optimalisations is Off.

I cannot see any difference when I select the option.

Yep, exactly. It should never be active anymore.

This BFC stands for Back Face Culling, and I guess two years ago I've tried
using this. A lot of people actually hopped in and startet certifying the
parts. Today several parts are certified, but so far I know no software is
supporting it anymore.
For me I've introduced a totaly new rendering mechanism this time, which
speed up MLCad a lot more - much more than BFC could ever do.

Later on I desided to stop using this feature. For backwards compatibility
reasons the command to insert such a statement is still there.

Jaco

Michael