 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1801
1800  |  1802
Subject:
LD4DModeler status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 16:51:22 GMT

I feel a little bad about the gigantic pause in LD4DModeler's
(members.rott.chello.nl/rmelkert/LD4DModeler) development.

But I have picked it up again, currently I am fixing reported bugs and
making the whole application ready to go 1.0

But also the long pause made me look a bit different to the source code
of it all. The fact is LD4DModeler is an realtime invented application.

Having been working the last months in my own software company, i've
learned the value of designing an application first. This is exactly
what I am planning to do next. I want to 'paper' write the next next
LD4DModeler and then program it according those specs in one go.

I think that approach will make LD4DModeler better software. Most likely
it will go version 2.0 and I was hoping if some people here would help
me puting the specs together.

So I love to hear what people like or dislike about the current version
with this information I can begin designing the 'NEW' LD4DModeler.

Things I am thinking about are:

XML File format
Plugin driven 3D View (so other developrs can give it a go)
Plugin driven animation actions
Plugin driven export
Scripting capabilities
Skeleton approach (working with 'bones' whom you later assign ldraw parts)
Full import support of LD4DModeler 1.0 projects

Roland