 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1484
Re: Rendering of a Bryce Rollins model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 08:47:01 GMT

Maybe I'm not an impartial viewer but that looks really nice.  I like how
you've given the part borders a nice thick line.  For some reason that gives
it an appealing look - sort of like a polygonal CGI model with cel shaded
textures.  Also, kudos for altering the rear landing gear to match the
landed position.  My MOC doesn't have the provisions to do that, and its a
nice touch for your landed renders.

As for the coloring, it looks like you got the coloring of the base fuselage
model I posted on BotB - the "display" color is really on the "Export" model
at the same place.  Usually when I build a larger model I use various colors
of parts to help me differentiate the orientation and placement of other
parts, and it looks like the funky colors on your render are a remnant of
that coloring.  Sadly, the US Navy paints most of its aircraft a bland
Lo-Viz grey, which is great if you're trying to avoid being seen but not
that pleasing asthetically.

The SH-60 is one of my favorites so I'm glad that you chose it to render so
beautifully.  Keep up the good work.

Bryce Rollins