 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1429
Re: LGEO orientation problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 07:38:04 GMT

"travis" <phree@attbi.com> writes:

how do you add the rotate statement or reposition a piece that is
incorrectly oriented?

Depends on what part it is and how it was oriented wrongly.  For
example, for the 6536 "Crossblock", I added a rotate statement to the
very end of the declaration of "lg_6536" in the file "lg_6536.inc"
from LGEO.  You'll find that the declaration is something like this:

    #declare lg_6536 =
    union {
     intersection {

       [...]

     }
    }

I changed this into:

    #declare lg_6536 =
    union {
     intersection {

       [...]

     }
      rotate <0,0,90>
    }

(Note that this change was done about halfway down in the file.  There
is a second declaration which declares a transparent version of the
part also, which I did not bother to change.)

This fixed the problem for this particular part.  I also reported the
problem to the author, so he may have fixed the problem in the
official files, I don't know.

Fredrik