 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1247
Re: Short Animations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 04:23:20 GMT

Trond Hasse Lie,

        First of all your animations are sweet!  Does this mean you have
finished your DAT import function for AutoCAD? If so I and I'm sure others
would like to know more. To say that it would be difficult to make these
animations with pov would be an understatement.
Cheers
Chris

In lugnet.cad.ray, Trond Hasse Lie writes:
Hi.

Just wanted to show a couple of anims.

The first one is Jeremy H. Sproats'  A66 (Spider Mecha) doing a little walk.
ftp://ftp.lie.hn.org/a66.avi (410 KB)
Converted to DXF, imported into 3ds max 4, completely set up with IK, and
rendered with standard MAX renderer.
The avi is compressed with DivX 5 (So you'll need to dl it from www.divx.com
if you don't have it)

The second one is a "fly-around" of Bruce Lowell's AT-PT.
ftp://ftp.lie.hn.org/at-pt_spin.avi (1.107 KB)
Converted to DXF, imported into Autodesk VIZ 4. Ran through a radiosity
solution, and rendered with the standard VIZ renderer.
This avi is also compressed with the DivX codec.

Hope you like'em..

Trond Hasse Lie