 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1235
1234  |  1236
Subject:
POV rendering file format
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 23:34:39 GMT

Hi All,
Just thought I'd send this out. I'm sure most of you know this but for those
who don't it is a huge disk space and upload/download time saver.

By adding "+FN" to the POV or MegaPOV command line or click on the big "INI"
button in the Windows interface and add it to the "Command line options"
text box, it will save the rendered bitmaps as .PNG files instead of .BMP
files which are un compressed and typically huge.

The .PNG is great because it is a 24 bit format that uses loss-less
compression which means no quality/generation degradation.

Here's a web site that talks about PNG
www.libpng.org/pub/png/png-sitemap.html#info

The intro page is here:
http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/pngintro.html