 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1222
  Converter of .pov to .jpg, .bmp, or .gif

Hello. Question to pose. I have looked through out this groups messages as well as the ldraw website and POV website, but haven't found the answer to my question. So here goes. Is there a converter tool out there to take a .pov file and make it into (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Converter of .pov to .jpg, .bmp, or .gif

(...) Easy answer is Povray. Why? The .pov files are just a scene definition, you actually have to render them with povray (or other raytracer) to be able to see the images. When you render the scene, you can then save it as a bitmap graphic. Martin (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Converter of .pov to .jpg, .bmp, or .gif

You know sometimes the easiest answers are not always the most obvious. If I had played around with POV alittle longer I would have discovered the samething. Thanks much!! Nate (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)