 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1223
Re: Converter of .pov to .jpg, .bmp, or .gif
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 01:50:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Nate Jacobs writes:
Hello.  Question to pose.  I have looked through out this groups messages as
well as the ldraw website and POV website, but haven't found the answer to
my question.  So here goes.  Is there a converter tool out there to take a
.pov file and make it into a jpeg, bitmap, or gif file?  Thanks in advance.
Easy answer is Povray.  Why?  The .pov files are just a scene definition,
you actually have to render them with povray (or other raytracer) to be able
to see the images.  When you render the scene, you can then save it as a
bitmap graphic.

Martin