 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1087
Re: Fluorescent Lights
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 21:13:18 GMT

"Ryan Farrington" <ryanjf@ifriendly.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:001801c188c7$794c5680$4a50d03f@ifriendly.com...
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has ever successfully created what looks like
fluorescent lights.

Something like this perhaps?
http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/merry.htm

First of all, I had to turn down the ordinary lighting as there are a lot of
extra light sources:

light_source {
<-250,-700,-450>
color 0.2*White
}
light_source {
<-400,-700,-200>
color 0.2*White
}
light_source {
<-300,-700,100>
color 0.2*White
}

Then I made my own colors for the lights,

#declare Color15_t = texture {
pigment { rgbf <1,1,1,0.35> }
finish { ambient AMB diffuse DIF phong 0.5 phong_size 40 reflection 0.18 }
}

#declare Color46_t = texture {
pigment { rgbf <1,0.905882,0.211765,0.85> }
finish { ambient 0.0 diffuse 1.0 phong 0.5 phong_size 40 reflection 0.6
refraction 1 ior 1.25 }
}

and fixed a special light source to put into the candles, the fading factors
of course depend on the size of your model, what effect you really want etc.
etc. Lots of room for experiments.

#declare light_point = light_source {
    <0, 0, 0>
    color 0.5*Yellow
    fade_distance 60.0
    fade_power 1
}

Then in the model, everywhere there was a 'candle', I changed the color of it,
and added a line with the light source,

#declare models_slash_test_dot_dat = union {
object { _179_dot_dat matrix <1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1,-10,-88,130> texture {
Color46_t } }
object { light_point matrix  <1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1,-10,-88,130>}
}

Add a lot of experimenting with different parameters...

BTW, this was done with POVRay 3.0, there may be changes due to 3.1!

Hope this helps,
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm