 CAD / Ray-Tracing / *762 (-10)
  Re: 2x4 Brick Renders

(...) Wow! Very cool. :) One detail you did leave out, although I haven't measure its size, is the rounded edges of the bricks (studs should be even more rounded than the rest of the brick). It's a pain to add, but it would add a lot to the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: 2x4 Brick Renders

Thanks for all the great comments (in both discussion and private email). I had not anticipated such a positive response. I've set up a thumbnail index for the scenes, which I will upload via ftp after I finish rendering my latest scene, a single (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2x4 Brick Renders

(...) I think that what you have done is just plain jaw-dropping *cool*, Micah! You folks who render LEGO in CAD are doing the neatest things! I am so not computer-savvy and am greatly impressed with the images which can be generated. Although (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2x4 Brick Renders

(...) Sure, no problem. I'll have to mess with it some though, since all of the luminousity comes from the white background. (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2x4 Brick Renders

VERY cool. I don't suppose you'd consider redoing them with a black background? ;-) It would take a bit of work choosing the right colors to still have all the details, but I HATE white backgrounds on my desktop ;-) (...) ***(URL) Visual FAQ home (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2x4 Brick Renders

Cool, the iBloc image is now the back ground on my mac. Gary Micah J. Mabelitini <micahx@kih.net> wrote in message news:3AB59121.65E7A9...kih.net... (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.general)

  2x4 Brick Renders

I recently rendered a few scenes of the 2x4 brick in Bryce 4. The brick model is original and accurately proportioned. Although I did leave out a few miniscule details of the modern 2x4 brick, nothing larger than .1mm was omitted. The bricks in all (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.general)

  Re: POV-Ray and lgeo missing filles

Scott wrote... (...) If you compare the 703 different references in L2P_ELMT.TAB with the 846 lg_xxx.inc files in the LGEO directory, you will see that lg_0090 Technic Universal Joint End lg_3473 ?? lg_4585 ?? lg_6229 ?? appear in L2P_ELMT.TAB, but (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Adding an image_map

Okay, I got it to work! I hadn't known that the picture was crammed into the 0,0/1,1 square. So the mass of gray pixels was in fact the picture, tiled beyond recognition. :) Thanks again, Coby! --Ryan (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Adding an image_map

Hmmm, a mess of grey pixels isn't good, but at least something appeared on the object so that's a start. I think the next step would be to check the scaling and translation of the map. Here's a pertinent paragraph from the docs: // By default, the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact