 CAD / MLCad / 600
Re: Progress DAT->POSTSCRIPT !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 05:42:39 GMT

Guido Heunen <heunen@crys.chem.uva.nl> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
G452D3.CMF@lugnet.com...

Finally, I have some great progress in the dat->postscript conversion.
I figured out how to use the .dat file and displaying the part. For now my
test part is the tile part (only boxes and lines, 3070.dat). I also • managed to
get one of the tile's box into postscript format. So I understandly the • basics
of the whole conversion proces.

Great  :-)

<SNIP>
Furthermore, I would like to know the following from Michael.

Could you give me details on the following:

How do you deal with all the *.dat information within a model? (Do you • read
just once a part or read them always?)
I read every part just once and cache it in the ram. Parts only reference
other parts - means every part is only loaded once and just one time in the
memory.

If you want to change the orientation of the model, how do you erase the • old
drawing? (I use a Image component within delphi, but I don't find how to • erase
the old drawing when changing the orientation?)

I don't understand this question, sorry - but if you mean how I clear the
screen ... I basically use FillSolidRect()

How do you determine what face has to be fully drawn and the bac face/side
not?
Ha ... this one is good.
Forget it with the current part library ... this point was discussed here
already as BFC ... but we didn't have any progress that's wy we have to use
z-buffering to make sure the user sees only that what he should see.
Currently there is no (or no useable) way for backface culling!

Could you give me colour specifications MLCad<->RGB(?)?
I'll send you ...

Why are there the same lines (2-points) corresponding to quadrilateral • lines
(4-points) in for example box5.dat? In my postscript example the • quadrilateral
(4) are draw but without the filling command. The lines (2)are not in yet.
4-points are normaly drawn as a filled surface .. the lines are used for
indicating the edges of the box for example.

Guido

Michael