 CAD / MLCad / 363 (-10)
  New Converter from LDraw To Lightwave

Hello, a new converter exists since a few days. It can convert LDraw Objects (*.DAT) into Lightwave Objects (*.lwo) and Lightwave Scene Files (*.lws) (compatible with Version 5.5, 5.6, 6.x); running under Win 95 / 98 / NT / 2000. It is completly (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad

Well, assuming it's left in some bitmap format, I could update LDView to use a texture map to draw the image. However, adding bitmaps to a .DAT file in some ASCII format is going to make for some really big .DAT files. Alternatively, of course, it (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  (canceled)

  Re: File management

(...) put (...) you (...) That sounds reasonable. I was already kind of thinking of doing that, but it is nice to hear what others do. Regards, --Ryan ---...--- -- E-mail: Ryanjf2@juno.com -- Amateur Radio call sign: KB1FOB ---...--- (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad

(...) BMP2DAT can be used as a start, but it's not generally viewed as a good final product. Other programs have an option to use a bitmap as a background image. That can be useful for drawing patterned parts. Steve (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad

(...) I could provide a MLCad specific bitmap element very quickly. This element could be sized, moved and rotated. Internaly MLCad would handle this element like a normal quad. The disadvantage of this would be that no other program would be able (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  (canceled)

  Re: File management

I have separate directories in which I store models. example: /models /mine /fire /space /others /Tim Courtney /Terry Keller /TLG /s1234 /s2345 This is basically how I do it. This is where I store all dats and mpds. hope that helps. Ryan (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  File management

When making official models (and unofficial models for that matter), there are minifigs, submodels, and sub assemblies to deal with. You put them all together in one .mpd file, but then you also have these other files left in the \Models directory. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Sub-models

:-) Michael Ryan J Farrington <ryanjf2@juno.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 20000825.091555.-987...uno.com... (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact