 CAD / MLCad / 2286
Re: MLCad.ini and Unofficial parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:00:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Jetro de Chateau wrote:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Michael Heidemann wrote:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Jetro de Chateau wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm missing something...

I have a LDraw\Unofficial folder with all the unofficial parts and MLCad.ini
with the lines corresponding to the location of those unofficial parts
uncommented. I open MLCad, scan for new parts and write a new parts list. Now,
when I open certain folders in the parts tree, MLCad complains parts are
missing. These are all 48/ and s/ parts and the parts are present in the
unofficial folders. Even if I inform MLCad of the existence and location of
these folder (by including some lines in MLCad.ini) it keeps complaining the
parts cannot be found.

It appears the only way of making sure MLCad finds them is by copying them into
the official parts folders. This doesn't seem to make much sense, because in
that case why should I inform MLCad of the location of the unofficial files in
the first place.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Jetro

Please let us know how your [SCAN_ORDER] section in MLCad.ini looks like.
I am sure we found your problem very fast.

cu
mikeheide

I have downloaded the latest MLCad.ini andThe scan order section is completely
uncommented:

[SCAN_ORDER]
1 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>Parts
2 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>P
3 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>Unofficial\Parts
4 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>Unofficial\P
5 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>Unofficial\LSynth

I have tried adding:

6 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>Unofficial\Parts\s
7 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>Unofficial\P\48

but it doesn't seem to make any difference. The warnings are all for parts that
are present in the Unofficial\P\48 folder.

Jetro

OK, that seems to be ok.
I have additional Parts\s and P\48 hided added to this list.

Can you send a file where that problem occur?

cu
mikeheide