 CAD / MLCad / 2255
Re: bendable track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 17:26:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Just wondering: Is there progress in "spouse" bendables with treads?

"Spouse" bendables with treads?  I'm not even married! LOL!

I do not recognize the topic you are asking about.

Upps! Looks like there is a gap in communication. Don started writing code which
would allow using "bendable" and "band" constraints together. A first result can
be seen in STRING_HOSE + STRING_BAND at:

http://www.holly-wood.it/lsynth/betatest/LSynth3.html

0 SYNTH BEGIN STRING_BAND 19
0 SYNTH SHOW
1 2 30 -120 110 0 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 0 LS04.dat
1 47 0 -20 110 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 4185.DAT
1 4 -30 -120 110 0 0 1 0 1 0 -1 0 0 LS04.dat
0 SYNTH END

You'll notice that the string constraints work as start and end constraint while
the synthesis also follows the Technic Wedge Belt Wheel. Problem is that there
are still artefacts between the start and end constraint.

Bye, w.

Hi Willy,
  Thanks for the explanation.  I've never touched the STRING_BAND synthesis, so
we'll have to let Don speak to this.
Kevin