 CAD / MLCad / 2182
Re: MLCAD Partslist errors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2006 00:28:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Ludo Soete wrote:

Now starts the problem: The parts from the sub parts are ONLY ONCE added into the parts list and not twice as it should be! This means that the generated parts list is not complete! I’m using MLCAD version 3.11

Can this problem be solved at the next release / update of MLCAD?

Hi Ludo,

That is a known problem, see http://news.lugnet.com/cad/mlcad/?n=1361

You will also find that every sub-model is always counted, even if it is not included in the main model at all - MLcad currently just reports every part in the file itself.

Until MLcad is fixed, you can do a more accurate parts count by importing the model into Brickstore, or generating a BOM using LPub.

HTH

ROSCO

I also have another solution, which may be of use. See this message.

Martin