 CAD / MLCad / 212
211  |  213
Subject:
Annoucement and Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 06:10:22 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I've closed implementation phase for V1.9 of MLCad now, in arround a week I
hope that I'm ready to release it.

The new version will rotate the grid with part, means no wrong step sizes
anymore :-)
It will have a switch which allows to toggle the rotation mode: Either rotate
on the origin of the part or on it's center. This switch applies to all
rotations, except when multiple pieces are rotated at the same time.
Also New parts can inherit the orientation of the previous part in the item
list like the color inheritance of parts.
And very importand: The bug with the refresh-problems is solved!!!

It also has a lot of other nice features but I don't say to much now :-)

However I would like to ask some things for the next release already:

1) I'm planning to improve the way of finding parts, the version 1.9 will have
a better preview which shows more parts at once, but it's still hard to find
parts.
Also searching for a word in the description does not help until you now at
least parts of it.
QUESTION: Please send me ideas how I could improve the previews or part lists
so that it is more easy to find parts. Imagine you don't know the library but
you know how the part looks like. What could be done to find it more easy?

2) MLCad V1.9 will have an index page in the help now. Since many people argued
about the help pages, I would like to ask you out there to help me improving
the help pages. Feel free to edit them and send me the updated html files, I
will try to introduce them with this or the next releas.

3) I'm not realy happy with the new toolbar icons, so I would like to ask you
when V1.9 is out to design new icons and send them to me.
I will collect them and somehow let you make a voting.

Michael