 CAD / MLCad / 1834
Re: Create bill of materials (.TXT file)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:21:24 GMT

ludo soete wrote in message ...
This list is a common .TXT file.
Now, i would like to import this file into Excel, but can't split the • 'Color,
Part Number, Description, ...' into separate columns, without writing some • VBA
code.

When I try to open (not import) a MLCAD part list text file in my (old)
version of Excel, it can tell that the file is Fixed Width and comes up with
that wizard, which lets me set the widths and types of each column. It put
some extra column dividers into the description column which I had to
delete, but apart from that it deleted perfectly.

Does this work for you or are you trying to do it all under program control
with no user input?

Kevin
Farmhouse kit: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-farm.htm
LEGO TOWN PLANNING information: