 CAD / MLCad / 1743
1742  |  1744
Subject:
MLCAD V3.00 Question / bug remark?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 16:26:40 GMT

Hi,

I have some questions, abouth MLCAD V3.00
one's abouth the ' Flexible hose generator ' witch is implemented in MLCAD.

1) Where can i find a good Help file or manual about this utility? I need it to
create a flexible hose for my train.

2) I created (tryed to ...) 2 bended hoses with the Flexible hose generator. One
of them can i import via the 'Multipart - Import Model', the second one i
created couldn't be imported into my project. Dont ask me why, perhaps it's
saved as a MPD file, not as a LDR file (MPD is defauld).

3) When i create a bended hose, i opened the file in Notepad and there was a
double heading in the file (see below). Is this a known bug?

0 FILE Untitled.ldr
0 Untitled
0 Name: Untitled.ldr
0 Author: MLCad
0 Unofficial Model
0
0 FILE R06-Flex-Hose2.ldr
0 R06-Flex-Hose2
0 Name: R06-Flex-Hose2.ldr
0 Author: MLCad
0 Unofficial Model
0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom"
0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0

At the end of the file is there a zero (0) too much.

4) After removing the double header (top 6 lines) and saving (it's saved as a
MPD file, not as a LDR file - Defauld = MPD), do i a 'File - Scan Parts'. After
a while i get the answer that there are new files found and asks to write a new
Parts.lst file. I click 'yes'. A while later, the screen get a refresh, but the
new model file doesn't appear in the 'Models list'. Even after closing the
program and restart it.
When i reload the file and do a 'Save As' , select .LDR, then, after scanning
for new parts apears the new model file.

5) When i drag a model from the models list (left upper window) into a design
window and there's a missing primitive (my experience is with the missing
box3#8p.dat - it's renamed to box3u8p.dat) then MLCAD is hanging.This doesn't
seem to apear when dragging from the Parts Image window. Strange?
Only a CTR ALT DEL and selecting End Task closes the program.

Regards,
Ludo