 CAD / MLCad / 1660
    What is exactly "optional line"? —Robert Seifert
   Hi. What is optional line exactly? I am trying to translate it to Czech but I cannot figure out what optional line exactly is. It makes 4 vertexes regardless on how many do I type in. Is it used to make surfaces or something like that? Can anyone (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: What is exactly "optional line"? —Orion Pobursky
     (...) Hi Rob, Take a look a the draft LDraw.org file format spec. (URL) tried to explain Type 5 line a plainly as possible. If you still have more questions, let me know. -Orion (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: What is exactly "optional line"? —Steve Bliss
   (...) I see Orion's already given you the spec, so I'll just throw in a slightly different way of looking at it... It might help to think of linetype 2 as "hard edges" and linetype 5 as "soft edges". The difference is that linetype 2 are always (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)