 CAD / MLCad / 1446
  Re: Feature Request - Unofficial Parts category

(...) One way I use is to dump all the parts into the LDRAW\MODELS directory. They can't be in a subdirectory of the MODELS folder. This works fine if you don't make extensive use of the MODELS directory. If you do use this directory for storing you (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Feature Request - Unofficial Parts category

(...) Ouch! Now that I've recovered from smacking myself in the head, I can only say, that's a simple, elegant solution. Then I can use folders for MOCs. Jeez, I hate when I miss something so obvious! James (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Feature Request - Unofficial Parts category

(...) This IS a good and clever workaround but I think the idea of an UNOFFICIAL directory DOES have merit... the issue is that to do it right would you need an /s and /p directories too? (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Feature Request - Unofficial Parts category

(...) I agree that a good feature to add in the next version of MLCad would be a user specified unofficial parts directory. Yes, this directory would require a /S and /P subdirectories. But if you dump the entire contents of the ldrawunf.zip the /S (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Feature Request - Unofficial Parts category

(...) Actually, you would have to put all the /P items into the main directory with the 48 segment files in a /48 subdirectory. So basically you would have a directory with all the parts and primitives with a /S subdirectory for subparts and a /48 (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)