 CAD / MLCad / 135
Re: Suggestion for MLCad.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 15:51:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Will Hess writes:
...SNIP...

I can't help but think that I speak for the majority when I
say that when I click on the zoom button I want it to use
the currently selected part as the center of the view.
Could you set this as the default behavior instead?
Suggestion: I add an option to the settings where you can enable such a
feature. If enabled I zoom to the center of all selections. This means if
there is only one part selected, I zoom to it's center. If there are more
parts I zoom to the virtual center of all selections.

Another idea, this one about the "Modify" dialog box.  If I
click on the description header to sort the parts by name I
have to scroll through the list to find my current part
again.  It's still highlighted, but I guess it gets lost
during the resorting.  Can this be fixed to keep the
highlighted part on screen when the sorting is changed?
Should be no problem ...

Finally, has there been any luck in fixing the bug that
blanks out the lower half of the part catalog and the upper
left view window?  I know about the workaround and this
isn't a real problem...it just bugs (pun intended :-) me.

What I found out so far is that it seems to happen in 95 only?! I didn't get
the chance to test it with 98 yet. Under NT this error never happens ...
More detail: I found out that this problem is caused by some operating system
bug, which invalidates this area somehow (which is not updated) causing
drawing operations clipped away in this region. No trick seems to work, to
tell windows that this area is valid and should be updated as normal ... until
you restart the prog. or iconize and restore it.

But sure I'm still investigating ...

Thanks (for listening and for making such a great program),
Will

You are welcome :-)

Visit the Lego Beach Fire and Rescue Service
http://www.crosswinds.net/~hokie

Michael