 CAD / MLCad / 1341
Re: Looking for some parts for MLCad.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 04:17:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Chris Dee writes:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, David VinZant writes:
Ok I just finished a big project last night using MLCad. I soon found that
there was a few missing parts. The first is a train nose,
http://www.peeron.com/pics/inv/custpics/2916.jpg
And Second 9v track, curves and straights.

Take a look at the Parts Tracker on LDraw.org
http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/index.shtml.
Specifically
Train nose http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/2916.dat
Straight track http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/2865.dat

These are unofficial, so part numbers, orientation and origin may change before
their official release.

Also some of the parts I wanted in a transparency. But there seemed to be
limited #/type of trancparency parts. So I just used a similar color to
simulate the windows. Are there people out there that have made transparency
peices? And if so where can I get them?

Transparency is just a colour code - regular colour code+32 - so clear (white)
= 15+32=47. You should be able to make any part transparent.

Thanks for the help.

Dave

Chris

Thanks for the help.

My model now looks much better now that the transpaencys are working. Do you
have any advise for rendering you MLcad files. I have Povray and L3po but it
never seemed to render my model.

Sorry for he Noob questions, and thanks for any help.

Dave