 CAD / MLCad / 1266
Re: Enhancement request - File dialogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 04:42:01 GMT

I'll take that into the wishlist. The dialog currently used is standard
windows .. if I haven't overseen something that's all it can do. But
generating a new one might not be so hard ...
I'll have a look.

Michael

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
I think the File dialogs could benefit from some improvement in how path • is
determined. This applies to at least export model and export submodels (in
Multipart mode)

Both default to the root of the C drive and don't remember last filepath
selected. Both use a dialog where you walk down the tree. Export model • shows
you the old/current path but doesn't let you change it in the text box, • and
the tree walk starts at root instead of what the old path showing is.

I think moving to the added capability of being able to cut/paste or
directly type file paths in via a text entry box (see, for example how
winzip does it in extract mode) would be helpful. I use deeply nested dirs
and it is fairly tedious to have to walk down each time.

++Lar