 CAD / LDD / 41
  Creating Models and Optimizing instructions using LDD and LDraw

I have added an article over in the LDD Database area of Save 9v Trains of my thoughts about using LDraw (MLCad) to optimize instructions for LDD. (URL) I used this caboose as my test subject. (URL) This is a model that I designed and ordered via (...) (18 years ago, 23-Dec-06, to lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Creating Models and Optimizing instructions using LDD and LDraw

(...) Hi Eric, I think this an important topic and I'm glad you brought it up. When I did my (URL) Purina boxcar> I designed it with LDraw/MLCAD and then converted to LDD as a last step. (Note, I also needed to tweak the ldraw.xml file to prevent a (...) (18 years ago, 23-Dec-06, to lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Creating Models and Optimizing instructions using LDD and LDraw

(...) [...] (...) [...] (...) Adding to Paul's comment about sub assemblies... when building using LDD, I have noticed that it is difficult to build SNOT assemblies, especially when some of the bricks aren't directly attached to the SNOT brick. I (...) (18 years ago, 24-Dec-06, to lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.trains)