Re: Problems with Ldraw related sites
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 15:57:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Manfred Moolhuysen wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw,  Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
[snip]
I am not sure if the current version just needs some minor
fixes or a complete rewrite based on lessons learned.

Tim Courtney replied:
What's wrong with the current version?  What problems (besides downtime)
have been experienced?

When it still was accessible for me, I've been using the Parts Tracker a lot.
In my opinion the latest version of this site was working quite well already,
especially since Zach added the ability to delete your own records. I feel
there is not very much left to improve on the program. The only missing option
I can think of, is a routine that copies a parts description from the "Wanted
Parts"- list into the "Tracked Parts"-list. At the same time this option should
add a label to the original record in the "Wanted Parts"-list, stating that
someone has claimed to model the part.

The only other thing I'd want is a "MyParts" page, where an author could update
just their own entries, without scrolling through everything in the current
list.  Would make it easier to update stuff already added to the list.

Steve