Subject:
LDraw.org Theme and Usability
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2010 03:04:16 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all,

As part of my renewed effort to make LDraw.org more accessible, I'd like to open
up the forum to suggestions on how to make LDraw.org's website easier to
understand and use.  Here's my list of concerns/ideas:

- The underlying CMS is old and clunky.  As soon as I find a new CMS with the
features we need to support the Parts Tracker, I'm going to replace it.
- Replacement of the CMS will require the writing of a new theme.  This would be
a perfect time to change thematic elements.  Since I'm better a coding and suck
at graphic design, some help with the graphical elements would be awesome.
- I want to bring back the monthly contests but maybe tweak them a little and
give more prominence to the winners.
- I'd like to revive the LDraw wiki

Any ideas big or small are welcome.  The more input, the better.

-Orion