 CAD / Development / Organizations / LDraw / 4760 (-5)
  Re: Forum shift

(...) You remember totally wrong. Anyone, member of lugnet or not, can/could sign up for posting. The only difference is that 'real' (paying) members don't have to reply to the confirmation email for each post they do. Which isn't a hassle at all, (...) (14 years ago, 31-Oct-10, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Forum shift

(...) As I said, I agree. And you've re-highlighted something that is not obvious, and not easy to figure out for newbies - you do not have to be a member[1] to post, something which seems to be the norm on the vast majority of modern forum sites. (...) (14 years ago, 30-Oct-10, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Forum shift

(...) Ok, I like the discussion going on. I've setup a test forum on my own website. This won't be the final product by any means but I though I'd share what I've done. (URL) do things are theme as appropriate and figure out if I can link other (...) (14 years ago, 30-Oct-10, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Forum shift

(...) I think you just confirmed what I just said...after getting membership, you still can not post messages. You have to jump through another hoop (that is not obvious) with confirmation emails and the like. Call it two flavors of membership, or (...) (14 years ago, 30-Oct-10, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Forum shift

(...) I think you may be confused - as far as I know there has only ever been 1 flavour of membership (see (URL) And you do not have to be a member to post, you just need to go through the posting setup process (see (URL) I do agree that is a little (...) (14 years ago, 29-Oct-10, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact