Re: Official Parts using MLCad colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 2009 23:05:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Roland Melkert wrote:
Hi,

All these colors are in the 'dithered' range, if the actual dither color is
wanted by the part author it has nothing to do with mlcad or has it?

And isn't declaring new colors in the LDConfig using the dithered range breaking
some kind of LDraw.org rule?

Just things I was wondering about.

Roland

It appears so, even if I wish it was just the opposite. I still haven't been
convinced why it is so wrong to use the backwards compatible color number range
when possible.

I used color 462 for the orange part of the German flag because number 25 wasn't
hard-coded into any L-Cad software by that time, or I wasn't aware/informed. By
that time, we defined color numbers like Electric contact, rubber colors, or
Maersk Blue in a considerate way. Why such IMO good behaviour suddenly became an
offense against LDraw.org rules, well that just beats me.

/Tore