Subject:
ldraw.org Not Found
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 18:48:22 GMT

This has been a problem for me ever since I first started trying to reach
http://www.ldraw.org
There have already been several messages out about it in different threads,
and I would like to start this one to try and solve the problem.

The problem appears to be a time-out error that occurs at Nordu.net.  This
was reported to me by a Mindspring support engineer.  As I'm sure most
people know when you try to access something over the www at a destination
out of your ISP's network you go through a router which sends you to another
network which then may/may not send you through another router to another
network until it finds the address you are looking for.  Apparently when I
try to access ldraw.org through my ISP I am routed through about 3 networks
before I hit Nordu.net which then comes back with a time-out error.  I asked
if there was another way to be routed to ldraw.org and he didn't know how to
do that.  He said the routers try to find the best direction to send you and
he didn't have any way to control that.

So how to solve this problem?
(I need answers.  I really hate being left out of the ldraw.org loop.)

Thanks,
Adam