Re: Very hard to find ldconfig.ldr
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 08:59:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Allen Smith wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Dean Earley wrote:
   Tore Eriksson wrote:
   Before I found the direct link to http://www.ldraw.org/library/official/ldconfig.ldr here on a lugnet discusion, I searched for ldconfig.ldr at ldraw.org for quite a long time without succeess.

   Personally, I’d have used the one from the official library download. IIRC, the one you linked to is the same.

Oooo, no they are not. The one on LDraw.org contains a bottom subsection of newer colors—such as flesh and Maersk blue but not Trans Orange—which are not part of the standard distribution. I had no idea there were official color codes for those colors!

This file needs to be linked at http://www.ldraw.org/Article299.html and http://www.ldraw.org/Article93.html. I started programming Bricksmith in 2005, after ldconfig.ldr was created. I heavily scrutinized those two pages while writing Bricksmith’s color picker. But since there was nary a whisper of ldconfig.ldr on either of them, Bricksmith doesn’t support it yet. That is an unfortunately oversight which I would rather have averted before typing my first semicolon.

Allen

Thanks and done.

Tim