  Re: Contributor Agreement License details - updated version

(...) Sorry, that doesn't work for me. The license describes how someone must behave; lack of prosecution for non-compliance doesn't erase the ethical imperative to follow the agreement. And, since the non-commercial disclaimer is not actually part (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Contributor Agreement License details - updated version

(...) I'm not sure I agree with the ethical imperative argument. There are plenty of old laws on statute books that no-one follows or expects to follow but are still there. Either way, ethical decisions are made on an individual basis (including the (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Contributor Agreement License details - updated version

(...) I agree. The way the readme puts it is not in accord with what the license requires. Furthermore, because there is a disclaimer in readme that it is not a license, that whole bit can and should be ignored and only the license followed. If (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Contributor Agreement License details - updated version

(...) If you are referring to the non-pursuit section of the readme it is most definitely in accord with the license. As you say a license is only as good as its enforcement but stating a policy of enforcement does not change the license. As an (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Contributor Agreement License details - updated version

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Timothy Gould wrote: [snip-snap] (...) the steerco has considered the option to change the license but considering that we weren't able to track down 18 people last time (URL) (we are still 33 parts behind in the rewrite (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)