Re: Moving the License Forward
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:57:14 GMT

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 04:52:20PM +0000, Steve Bliss wrote:
This makes 'abstain' a little bit more like a 'no', but I feel that's
a fair thing. If a large number of people are abstaining (due to lack
of interest or feeling like they don't understand the issue), then
probably no changes should be made. The proposal needs to go back for
a rewrite, or more communication, or at least more publicizing.

I think that's a good idea, and it makes sense to me.  Abstain becomes
not exactly no (since it doesn't count against the measure), instead it
means "I need more information" - which is a valid response, IMO.

Oh, and I agree that the checkbox is evil, and shouldn't exist.  Just
like we can't forsee why we would like to change the license, the users
can't forsee what changes they are agreeing to.

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com