Re: Moving the License Forward
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:21:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Dan Boger wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
I haven't thought it properly through yet, but I would like
to have some assurance that either the basic characteristics
of the license will remain unchanged (for example through a
fixed "human readable" version of the license)

That's hard to put into legalese, I fear, but I agree that's an important
concept. I think we all agree once we have this fixed there won't be, and won't
need to be, change at the macro level. How WOULD we go about codifying that
idea?

Wouldn't putting something in the CA, with the whole section explaining how the
license can be changed in the future, something like this:

  While the library's license can be changed in the future using this procedure,
any new license will have to conform with the following goals:

  - intent #1
  - intent #2
  - ...

How's that?

I like that.  I'll tkae that into consideration with the new draft I'm writing.

-Orion