Subject:
Steering Committee candidate Anders Isaksson - backgrounder and position statement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 21:34:06 GMT

Oh well,

I suppose one has to write something...

This is me, http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/anders.htm

I've been on the outskirts of the LDRAW community since before lugnet (the
LCAD list). Not very active, but always actively following all that's
happening. I have not created any official parts, myself.

I'm the creator of the BlockCAD editor, which is not really using the LDRAW
library except when rendering in POVRay, and the LDList Part Search program
(which some people find useful).

My main interest lies in the rendering end, but before getting there,
there's the need of a parts library, an editor, a POV converter, etc. The
LDRAW community supports all of that.

As for being part of organizations, I've had my share during the years (I'm
50 now), and I'm not unfamiliar with the politics that almost always creep
in. I like to believe that I'm capable of listening to other opinions
without too much prejudice, but I'm also one of the most stubborn people you
can meet (watch me hunting bugs at my daily profession as a programmer...).

I don't have much of an 'agenda' for ldraw.org, if elected I would probably
listen more than talk. I just want this community to live, grow and stay
happy with what it's doing.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm