  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I still would like to respect the author's choice not to have the raw DAT code posted, it is after all his/her property. -Orion (20 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I agree (strongly) with Orion here. While I'd love to have copies of other people's LDraw files when voting for the contest, ultimately the decision to make the source of a model public should remain up to the author. -Tim (20 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) All I have to add is a 'me too' to Tim's thought. I'll never pay for a copyrighted .dat file but that doesn't mean that people don't have the right to keep the files they make private. Not to sidetrack further, but the matter becomes nastily (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I agree whole heartedly with Orion on this one. Just because I submit a model for a contest, should not mean that I give up ownership of the model. I'm pretty sure that I would give away the DATs for any models that I submit, but I'd like that (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)