Re: Status of LDDP open source release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 09:24:28 GMT

Ell..

Since there is Linux for Mac available it would be a way to run it on Mac
that way.

Problem is that you dont need 'just a pascal' compiler but the complete
visial enviroment and that
isn't available on the Mac platform in any form.

Play well

Carsten

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
In lugnet.cad, Carsten Schmitz writes:
Is there any change this will run on other Unixes like Mac OS X?

Well.. since there is no platform on Mac we would be able to compile it • on
there eventually won't.

I imagine that's because kylix/delphi doesn't exist on OS X, because
with a sourceforge project, LDDP programmers would have access to the
sourceforge compile farm (which includes a OS X box).

However, once the source is available perhaps someone with some
pascal experience could examine it and determine what it would take
to port it to use gnu pascal or one of the other pascal compilers
that do work on OS X.  So there is a small ray of hope here for the
Mac folks.

Don