Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 23:21:03 GMT

Ahui Herrera wrote:

[ please consider quoting a little bit less in the future ]

Also Michael's approach with the license agreement is *NOT* bad perhaps a
bit strong in the language he used.

I disagree.

There is nothing wrong with enforcing his copyright to MLCAD
as well as to the specification we are discussing, but I
consider any attempt to enforce a copyright (or other
"intellectual property" rights) to a protocol or file format
to make that protocol or file format unusable for anybody
but those who claim to hold any special rights to the
protocol or file format.

Play well,

Jacob
--