Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 22:21:20 GMT

[ XFUT lugnet.cad.dev ]

Don Heyse wrote:

I think I got it right.  Michael, you're not asking for much, I agree.
But you're not really asking, are you.  You're demanding it, and
threatening legal action if your demands are not met.  I quote:

2.  LIZENCE AGREEMENT

The commands described in this document are special extensions to the
Ldraw command syntax.  Other developers may include the same
functionality in their developments to be compatible to MLCAD.

When implementing one or more of these commands the developer must
clearly state the implemented commands, in a documentation available
to the end user.  Also a reference to this document which can be found
on the following web site (http://www.lm-software.com/mlcad) has to
appear in that documentation.

Hmmm...

I think I would advise all authors of LEGO CAD tools not to read the
documentation for the MLCAD extensions to the LDraw syntax.

If anybody happen to feel an urge to implement some MLCAD compatible extensions
to the LDraw syntax, it is my advise that they re-engineer based on the
behaviour of MLCAD rather than reading the MLCAD documentation.

Maybe it is time that everybody interested in extending the LDraw syntax
started working together on writing a specification for an extended LDraw
syntax.

Play well,

Jacob
--