    Re: Part Voting Issue —Thomas Garrison
   (...) Sounds like a good idea, although that might be a lot of work. . . (...) Well, actually I'd say that a better example of this is the way Ebay *used* to handle messaging: you click a link, fill out a form with your message and password (to (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.market.services)

        Re: Part Voting Issue —Steve Bliss
   (...) I'm thinking of a simple system, where the PT will send an email on the behalf of a logged in user. One webpage, with just a few fields: ToUser (already filled in, maybe locked), Subject, and Message. Maybe with an "include my email address" (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Part Voting Issue —Ross Crawford
   (...) I'd definitely want the destination address locked, probably not even displayed (just the name / user code), and a fixed subject line, too eg "Review of part xxxx", to disuade people from using it for anything other than PT email. ROSCO (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Part Voting Issue —Steve Bliss
   (...) Yes, we would not display the destination email address, just the destination Parts Tracker userid. Good idea on the fixed subject line. Although it wouldn't be hard to hack the form, if the locking is just enforced by the HTML code. Steve (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Part Voting Issue —Paul Easter
   (...) Sounds good to me. If someone does hack it, we need to get it reported. Then we can disable it for awhile. Paul (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Part Voting Issue —Steve Bliss
   (...) By "hack", I just meant that someone could view the message page, save the HTML source to their hard drive, and modify the fields in the form to allow them to input userid and subject line. In order to use this hacked form, they'd still need (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)