Subject:
Parts Tracker is Now Live!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 02:40:12 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Yes, that's right.  The moment you've all been waiting for.  The new Parts
Tracker is live and ready for action.

Well, mostly.  It's in a "pilot phase" -- think of it as a "gamma test".
That means we're using real data, and it will have real results, but we're
still watching closely for any bugs that might pop up, so the number of
people authorized to upload files will be limited.

Also, please remember this is phase 1: the only functionality is submitting
and reviewing files.  The 'normal' parts tracker functions - requesting
parts, reserving parts, and posting progress on parts - will be added later.
Relatively soon, but not yet.

You can see the tracker at: http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/index.html

Right at this very moment, the tracker is kinda dull - I removed all the
test data, but I haven't posted real files yet.  The real files will start
showing over the next few days.

Also, I am looking for a few experienced parts authors/reviewers who are
willing to work with the system now.  If you think you're one of these, let
me know, and I'll set up an author-id for you.

Steve