Re: MOTM Parameters question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 08:48:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Dave Schuler writes:
Is there any requirement that LDraw/rendered submissions use only "official"
part/color combination, or that they use only "official" LCad DAT parts?  I
wouldn't presume to submit any clone parts, of course, but there are some
canonical parts, such as the "Divers" bubble dome, that haven't been
officially approved yet--may these be included?

    Dave!

Short answer: Yes

A parts "unofficial" status should not be a hindrance to its use.  Similar
to the use of a "mock-up" part to fill in where no official piece yet
exists. If it does the job in place of a part that is not yet available, use it.
Totally invented or "made-up" parts should not be used.  (at least not in
the model itself - background or supporting scenery is wide open)

As far as color goes, that can be interpreted different ways.  Personally, I
am fine with being creative with color - after all, even if Lego(R) has not
actually released a part in a particular color, who says they won't?  Others
may take a more stringent (or strident) approach, saying only "official"
colors should be used.

As far as I'm concerned, go for it.  Use your own best judgement.  If
someone complains we can deal with it then.

-- Terry K --